Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thank God for IPod

I completed my first farm chore today. My task was to paint tar on the bolts and baseplates that hold up the greenhouse. If this is not done, over time, the bolts will rust. The rust spreads to the rest of the structure and before you know it, your greenhouse is falling down around you.

Though I was assured the job was vital to the ultimate success of the farm, I think Peiling assigned it to me to get me out of the way. A monkey could have been trained to do it, and probably would have done a more efficient job.

Anyway, the job got a lot easier once I began listening to my trusty iPod shuffle. I had loaded it with most of my favorite tunes in anticipation of the long flight, but didn't use it on the plane. But now I was slapping tar to the tunes of Bob Seger, Dave Matthews, Sting, The Temptations, The Beatles, Toto...the list goes on an on. I suppose it's a variation on "whistle while you work." It certainly made the time go by faster.

No comments: